I'm not quite sure how they do it, apart from the fact that needs must!! single parents seem to have the crappy end of the stick, bringing up the kiddies with no peace, having to work if they can as well as trying to sort out the work life balance. It must be so hard! I am thankful that my husband is around for weekends and evenings but omg during the day it is so hard!
Went to the library today, and we were late for some reason I thought the activity was 2.30- 3.30.. .no it was 2-3. I got confused with the other time of 10.30-11.30. So we missed half of spooky bingo. ( it was just spooky picture cards. ) so I had a whining 5 yr old as we were late and then continued to whine because she wasn't winning! To top it off little man was screeching, and screeching as he wanted to go and look at the fish but I couldn't leave misses on her own.. so had to endure all that and wishing the ground would swallow me up as it was so embarrassing and someone I use to work with was there! thank goodness I got on with her but still I'm not very comfortable with seeing people from work. Just own personal reasons that and I left whilst on maternity leave so didn't really say goodbye to people etc. Alas water under the bridge
So after the library we popped very quickly into Leigh and got some ice creams so to keep the children happy, we had been at the park before the library so they've not had a bad day all in all. Except when I get, "I'm bored" etc.. I kinda flipped my lid! Being to the park, going to the library (which i paid for ) ice creams bought and all the toys under the sun upstairs and I get I'm bored, or I can't reach that ugh!! Also eldest wanted to watch what she wanted on tv but I have put my foot down, as we had it on for hours this morning with inane drivel! god help me.
I know I sound awful but I have done stuff with them today and struggled with trying to keep the 17 month old entertained whilst taking the 5 year old out to do something instead of being stuck at home. Hardly a terrible parent. I also pushed both children on the swing plus a friend of my daughters so I'm not all terrible am I??
I will be glad for daddy to be home and at the weekend so there is another voice of authority to back me up. ... So I'm not just the evil parent in the house ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment