Saturday, 4 January 2014

Wheat free child

Telling the 6 year old that is quite use to cake, bread, toast, crumpets, pasta etc etc that now we have to change her diet to wheat free to try and come to some conclusion or answer for her severe eczema has not been easy. At the same time we have had to stop any large quantaties of potato as I am almost certain she has an allergy, having flared horribly before with large amounts (chips for lunch mash for tea being large) and before Christmas she was feeling sick after a potato lunch and sick with just chips for tea. However once all up she was fine! And I mean fine. Now I know this is not conclusive but gut instinct here no matter if the pediatrician has never heard of it. Magic of the internet has and even the dietician even listened last time we saw her!
It is hard though trying to make her understand that we are trying to do this for her own good. I think there has been some improvement her skin is weak and breaks easy on the main issue points and is still dry but think for now we are getting somewhere.
The price is not cheap for these alternative foods not that I put a price on her health but unless we get her teasted as a celiac we won't get help. Thanks for that. Sometimes I wonder if people think I am making all these reactions up. Like I have nothing better to do.  Well the new year can only bring answers... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment