Thursday, 1 September 2016

September, school excitement and anxiety

1st of September! .. wow.  Honestly does not feel like it was that long since it was last September, or the September of 4 years ago when my eldest started school full time. Now it is little man's turn!  I am not sure what fills me with more anxiety, big one or little one. I am sure any mother is the same, worried how their baby will be, if they like school are they making friends.

I am lucky we have been here before when eldest went, she trotted in without a backwards glance having only ever been to the school for taster sessions she was off! She was so ready for it all. Happy, bubbly, ready to learn.

Not sure how little man is going to be, he has been completely different to her, he in alot of ways isn't ready,  but it is hard to compare them, when she  at the time was nearly 5! mr has quite a few months yet before he turns 5.  He eventually liked nursery/ Pre-School. He made some friends ( and thankfully his main buddy is going to be in the same class.. thank goodness as his mum is one of my best friends.) However his alphabet knowledge is poor, though we are trying our hardest with Jolly phonics, his number skills I am not worried about. Main thing i do worry about with him, is his hands, and him generally.  As well all know now he is hypermobile. The teachers have said he will have to tell them when he is tired.. erm.. that is not going to go down well he isn't overly vocal and how will he know he is tired?  That is going to be interesting!  They have got things in place ready for him though, which is a little weight off my mind and I am sure they will be watching him checking, I get a feeling though he will leave it till he comes out to voice his.. *cough* opinion. Fully on meltdown tired mode. ( can't you tell I am looking forward to that! )

Madam is another kettle of fish. I am anxious over her, for so many reasons. I shouldn't be.. not with her going into year 4. It should be a wave a kiss and a see you later. I know I will be overly anxious. When she goes into school with high pain, it is hard not to worry as i know she doesn't voice her concerns. To add to everything her eczema isn't exactly calm and she is very itchy atm, something the school haven't had full experience of with her.  Her allergies are always a worry/ concern anyway! Then there is the fact she is going into a new class... previously their year was a 4 class year but due to movement of pupils and budget they are being shrunk to 3 classes ( to be fair we were lucky they only used to be 20 in their class at most!) now its more like 26 ish. now it wouldn't have been an issue if she took any friends from her old class but she didn't! apparently this wasn't a factor (.. hrrm tell that to the other children who seem to all have their friends)  they put her there due to ability.. okay okay. i know. she is bright i want her to be pushed. However with everything I want her to be happy not just academic. I suppose that is the pit falls of a larger school. ( big school but small school ethos..which is does have to be fair)

September brings with it.. an allergy appointment, and  good job really. We will be testing I am lead to believe her nut allergies but also i want to discuss the wheat issues and possible mold issues.

These were taken on holiday.  no she doesn't always look like this, but I have very little idea what caused it, poor baby it took a good few days to go down!  so i will be showing these, she did have similar last year in Autumn so interesting to note.  However what i do so in the top, aside from the swollen eye lids, eczema slightly puffy face.. and hair that is a pain in the bum to brush, i see beautiful blue eyes which are so.. stunning (she is mine I am allowed to be biased) and a strength, she is determined and a bossy boots! but i love her and her brother millions.

She is not looking forward to the allergy test! as its needles and things but needs must. I am sure I will cope with my anxiety like  I always do. Bottle it up till it all comes bursting out more likely! However ... I am on a waiting list for a counsellor  so atleast that is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment