Where have we been? seems like I've gone far recently but haven't. Ever felt like that? feel I've travelled hundreds of miles and not always a good journey and back again.
Why? Well those who read regularly will know that little man is looking like he is having the same issues as his sister, and has some things that she doesn't suffer with! Some people might be like bloody hell you have a lot to deal with, neighbours have even commented that I am normally out and about trying to sort stuff out but sometimes you just have to deal with these things, as a parent you don't have any other choice! you have to deal with the good and the bad.
It seemed that it was taking a long (loooooooong) time to get anywhere with little mans referrals, having chased up and chased up and been around in circles and I really do mean circles here. As after all the initial sighting of mr's tremor was back in Feb! And having not really noticed it before I notice it so often now! Anyway scroll back a few weeks ago when I was chasing the appointments up again! we finally got one! and very quickly then had blood tests and a very scary for a 5 yr old MRI scan! That as a parent was bloody daunting, because he is 5..and I wasn't sure if he would cope! he hates noise! but he managed with his faithful sidekicks ( bobby and squirrelly ) Everything in those senses have come back clear ( phew!!) But we still don't know whats going on.
So thoughts? possibly muscle weakness due to his hypermobility ( which I do think will get confirmed as the syndrome due to pain he is having) or the only other thing that comes up when you try and look up tremors, an Essential tremor! which really does seem to tick the boxes. We will have to wait till July to find out what his consultant thinks but have to praise her! she rang with both his blood and mri results when other people have just left us to wait and find out! As a parent it is very hard to sit and wait, whilst you see your child struggling, unfortunately I have many years experiences of this waiting lark!!
I know they say don't google things as the scary stuff comes up but in this day and age of technology apart from going and trawling through medical books, what are people going to do? or am i suppose to sit and wait and ponder? If I hadn't been doing research etc then i would never ever have pushed for madam to get looked at properly for her nut allergy or her hypermobility! as I wouldn't know any better and i would be fully trusting the drs around us which, is very hard when they shrug stuff off. ( yes they do!)
We have a busy few weeks ahead gastro appointment this week to talk about madam finally ( remember a few posts back about her having hospital visits and mr having chicken pox yeah finally going to discuss the tummy) which is "great" timing as she now is having issues with blasted peas -_- Can't wait to see whats made of that and everything else. Need some def plans cemented into place!
France holiday is coming! ... and I honestly can't wait we need a good break! ( with little to no issues please :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment