Sometimes, I find it so hard to be a mummy, or rather I find it hard dealing with all the added pressure my two bring. I know children are hard ( though I am not sure everyone understands this when they set out to be a parent. ) For some reason I thought when I had my second child that it would all be some how magically different.
My daughter suffers from severe atopic Eczema, now please please please, don't just view this as a bit of itchy skin because it is not. She is 6 in October and all her life she has suffered from dry skin and then Eczema, as well as Asthma and allergies, though no severe food allergies thank goodness!! But just the day to day running of looking after her is sometimes exhausting, its not just her eczema, she has issues with her legs/ joints which we are not sure about, being fobbed off with growing pains, but growing pains don't happen every day or at least several times a week for nearly two years!! recently its now her shoulders and elbows so something is wrong somewhere?
I don't want to seem like one of those hypochondriac parents, I don't want her to be ill, one night I would love to be able to put both children to bed without both of them crying over something, yes the 17 month old is alright doing this, but to try and deal with screams of agony and itchy hell is driving me up the wall. Hubby does help but she gets all fussy and only wants me. And then so does the little man. Argh!!
Add in the fact that school have seemingly not been putting on cream in more then the usual places and it drives me nuts. She came home with red inflamed patches, yes ok they put it on her elbows and knees, not sure if they put it on her neck but down her back needed doing, there are other patches on her legs. It's like they don't even bother looking and expect a 5 year old to tell them everything, she might be smart but she is 5!!
Told them under no certain terms that she must sit on the cushion that has been provided for her, i don't care what the kids in the adjoining class say she needs it. ( Apparently they told her she can't have a cushion -_-) And if she comes home in a mess again I WILL be having more words.
My poor little girl. Ontop of that my little boy is no better today, could say worse as he is coughing more and its obviously hurting as he bursts into tears and is sick after he coughs. I can't win. So if you want me this week ... be prepared I might be in a mood as I was awake at 3 am with potential sickie baby. It does however make me grateful that we are co sleeping and breastfeeding still ( if you don't like this you can go wander off as its my choice not yours) and it meant I didn't have to go and sleep in his bed to comfort him, I was able to keep an eye on his temperature and be there immediately if he was sick.
I will leave my mummy moaning on here and go and do the lovely house hold chores whilst he sleeps. As the house doesn't stop needing cleaning just because a child is ill.
No comments:
Post a Comment